Peer review-Faseb J. editorial

Sean Eddy eddy at wol.wustl.edu
Tue Oct 31 07:21:11 EST 1995

In article <Pine.3.89.9510300956.A28890-0100000 at mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA> berezin at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA (Alexander Berezin) writes:
  >On 30 Oct 1995, Sean Eddy wrote:
  >> Dr. Berezin, I'm just curious -- do you sign your reviews?
  >
  >No, apart one or two cases I don't do this. I don't believe that
  >to rectify such fundamental aberration as system of anonymous PR,
  >individual Don Quixotian examples can do too much....

Forget about rectifying the system for a minute. If you feel
strongly about the moral bankruptcy of anonymous peer review --
why are you not signing your reviews?

I'm pushing on this point a bit because you're calling for arguments
in favor of anonymous review, if any exist. Why do *you* submit
anonymous reviews?  Nobody's stopping you from signing your name to
the bottom of your reviews.

--
- Sean Eddy
- Dept. of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine
- eddy at genetics.wustl.edu