Biofeedback

Sun Sep 3 10:45:32 EST 1995

On Sun, 3 Sep 1995, Litho wrote:

> I have a friend who is interested in a personal biofeedback unit, for alpha
> wave detection, for example. I don't know what's available but I do know
> that there is a lot of pseudo-scientific junk out there. Any suggestions
> would be appreciated.
>
> Bill

The problem with ANY area where the paramount proportion
of literature is (or appears to be) a "pseudo-scientific
junk" is that you have essentially no alternative but
to go through most of it on your own and find for yourself
your appeals. I am afraid, there are no short cuts, but
generally beware of those who say "it can't be done" - they
are usually those who failed before (see "Sceptical
Inquirer" for examples).
Alex Berezin,
McMaster University, Canada