Life Duty Death

swan swan at slip.net
Thu Sep 7 00:11:51 EST 1995

In the article about mandatory sterilization, the writer referred to a
woman Lidia Garcia who had been pressured after her fifth child to be
sterilized. She refused and after the birth of her SIXTH baby, she awoke
to find that she had had a "tubal ligation" done.  The photograph of her
and her family showed a tin roofec cinderblock shack and scruffy looking
children. She was wearing a very ragged dress and the children were
barefoot and in tatters.
How many children SHOULD she have?

We seem to forget that a parent's FIRST duty is to the CHILDREN. Children
MUST be raised with love. with adequate food of good quality, with
sufficient shelter, suffiecent clothing and heating, an opportunity for
at least a minimal education, more, if possible and the support of the
community!  Children in Mexico in the socio-economic level these were in
do NOT RECIEVE ANY OF THESE THIBGS with the exception of love. YES they
are loved... mostly. And wanted....mostly. But people who have children
SOLELY for the love of them are doing theser children a HORRIBLE
disservice.

Also, Mexico is a debtor nation. It cannot AFFORD the people it has NOW.
Their population is burgeoning at a horrible pace. Right now, the Mexican
government practises "geographical popuylation control". That's right,
the excess population streams North. How many can WE absorb?

For the record, I have had NO children, nor do I intend to have any.
I am on disability and I have a small income from a part time job. I
CANNOT AFFORD children and it is WRONG WRONG WRONG for me to EXPECT
taxpayers to pay for MY family! If you cannot afford a new car, you go
without. If you cannot pay for a house, you rent or live with others. If
you cannot afford children DON'T HAVE THEM.

And if it takes force... so be it! Frankly, it's about time!

Swan