Life Duty Death

Marty G. Price mprice at Ra.MsState.Edu
Mon Sep 11 19:16:00 EST 1995

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Joseph Askew wrote:

> In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.950911091204.3572D-100000 at Ra.MsState.Edu> "Marty G. Price" <mprice at Ra.MsState.Edu> writes:
>
> >> You go off and play your silly little game then. I'll
> >> go on living my life as I please. We will see who is
> >> right in the end.
>
> >As a believer in Karma, I will tell you the First Law of Karma is "You
> >must live in the world you create."
>
> Fine. I actually speak Chinese and I will tell you there
> is no such thing as the First Law of Karma but why let
> the truth get in the way of your other delusions?

I'm not Buddhist (I guess you believe the Chinese are?) or Hindu or the
member of any other Eastern religion.  I know karma is originally an
Eastern term, but I don't use it in precisely that fashion---did you note
that you're posting to alt.pagan?

> >That means that actions have consequences, simple earthly consequences,
> >that you must live with.  If you murder your mother, you must live
> >motherless.  If you destroy the Earth that sustains us, you must live on
> >an increasingly inhospitable planet.
>
> Fine. Not that I will. Or can. The Earth is going to be
> here full of happy little humans for a long time to come.
> All buying MacDonald's and watching Cable TV. Deal with it.
>
> >As a believer in the interdependence of all things (which means I know a
> >little science, which is *much* more than you know) I know I and my
> >children must also live in the world you help create.
>
> Fine. Lucky for you I'm not trying to ruin your life
> like you are trying to ruin mine.

Actually you are.  You are demanding the right to continue poisoning the
air that I must breathe, the water I must drink, and the Earth I depend
on for sustanence.  You are claiming the right to behave as one of a
plague of locusts during a feeding frenzy.  Do you know what locusts do
to the country they cross?  Or that, in non-plague times, they appear as
a quite ordinary variety of grasshopper?

We have the choice.  We can be a stable part of the ecosystem, or can be
locusts.

The amazing thing about your responses, by the way, is your failure to
cite a single accurate fact in any of them.  You pass off all arguments
with a shoulder-shrugging "nonsense," as though reality need never
intervene if you keep up your defenses.

No, I've no interest in shooting you.  One day, I expect, you will run
across a fact, and the pure sight of it will cause you to drop over dead.