Life Duty Death

Raven J. Singleton raven at solaria.sol.net
Tue Sep 12 16:55:49 EST 1995

Marty G. Price (mprice at Ra.MsState.Edu) wrote:

| > >As a believer in Karma, I will tell you the First Law of Karma is "You
| > >must live in the world you create."
| >
| > Fine. I actually speak Chinese and I will tell you there
| > is no such thing as the First Law of Karma but why let
| > the truth get in the way of your other delusions?
| >
| I'm not Buddhist (I guess you believe the Chinese are?) or Hindu or the
| member of any other Eastern religion.  I know karma is originally an
| Eastern term, but I don't use it in precisely that fashion---did you note
| that you're posting to alt.pagan?

Actually, "karma" is a Sanskrit word, and originally a Hindu concept
(subsequently adopted by the Buddhists and the New Age folks).

For Joseph Askew to say "I actually speak Chinese" as an assertion of
authority on "karma" is ludicrous.  Over a billion human beings speak
Chinese (though there are several different dialects, not one single
spoken language) -- are they ALL authorities on "karma"?  What about
all the speakers of Hindi, Urdu, etc.?

-- Raven @1414010 VirtualNET | "Forgive no error you recognize; it will
         @93:9089/0 PODSNet  |  repeat itself, increase,  and afterward
   raven @solaria.sol.net    |  our  pupils  will  not  forgive  in  us