Batteries for Rainin pipetteman?

Stephen P. Driska PhD driska at
Wed Sep 13 16:41:11 EST 1995

G.P. (goran at wrote:

: Anyone knows of a cheap(er) source for batteries for Rainin's
: pipetteman which uses 3.6 V batteries which are of a size of
: a regular 1.5 V - size D battery?

: Here in Germany they are selling them for cca. 130 DM (80 US$) EACH.

: Any ideas how to overcome this problem ?

: Thanx,

: Goran

: e-mail: goran at

	I have two questions: first, is this a rechargeable battery?
and second, do you really mean size D battery?
	Some old zenith computers require a 3.6 V Lithium battery that
is the same size as a 1.5 V  size "AA" battery.  I don't think this is
really what you want, but we get these for the computer's clock and
configuration memory. They are very hard to find, and I don't think
they are rechargeable.  They all seem to be made in Israel by a company
called Tadiram and cost  about $10 US.  Maybe this company makes the
battery you need.
	Let me know if you think this might help and I'll try to find
an address .
	(Our Rainin pipettors use a rechargeable battery that doesnt
sound any thing like what you describe, though, but they're quite old).G
		Good luck,

Steve Driska, Physiology Department, Temple University Medical School
Philadelphia, PA 19140 USA (215) 707-3283
driska at
If I could think of something witty and clever to say, it would go right