Batteries for Rainin pipetteman?

Stephen P. Driska PhD driska at astro.ocis.temple.edu
Wed Sep 13 16:41:11 EST 1995

G.P. (goran at atax.neur.uni-duesseldorf.de) wrote:

: Anyone knows of a cheap(er) source for batteries for Rainin's
: pipetteman which uses 3.6 V batteries which are of a size of
: a regular 1.5 V - size D battery?

: Here in Germany they are selling them for cca. 130 DM (80 US$) EACH.

: Any ideas how to overcome this problem ?

: Thanx,

: Goran

: e-mail: goran at atax.neur.uni-duesseldorf.de

	I have two questions: first, is this a rechargeable battery?
and second, do you really mean size D battery?
	Some old zenith computers require a 3.6 V Lithium battery that
is the same size as a 1.5 V  size "AA" battery.  I don't think this is
really what you want, but we get these for the computer's clock and
configuration memory. They are very hard to find, and I don't think
they are rechargeable.  They all seem to be made in Israel by a company
called Tadiram and cost  about $10 US.  Maybe this company makes the
battery you need.
	Let me know if you think this might help and I'll try to find
an address .
	(Our Rainin pipettors use a rechargeable battery that doesnt
sound any thing like what you describe, though, but they're quite old).G
		Good luck,
				Steve

--
Steve Driska, Physiology Department, Temple University Medical School
Philadelphia, PA 19140 USA (215) 707-3283
driska at astro.ocis.temple.edu
If I could think of something witty and clever to say, it would go right