DNA computational analysis

NAME gmckenzie at ivory.trentu.ca
Sun Sep 17 12:59:37 EST 1995

I am a 4th yr undergrad in Genetics who is taking a Comp Sci course on using the "net" to solve an academic problem. With my background I want to take a nuleic acid seq. and do homology, seq. alignment and get some inference about secondary and possibly tertiary structure.  Does anyone know of any intro topics on the net for this and any bks that would be useful for someone who is green in thsi area? I have use of a DEC workstation and Unix systems.  What protocols would one use? I realize there a numerous

programs avail at alot of ftp sites but they are poorly explained. Any help is greatly appreciated G. Mckenzie  GMckenzie at trentu.ca