Author needs general info re cattle diseases

Charles chrystal at
Sat Sep 30 02:07:28 EST 1995

I am in the process of writing a sci fi novel and need general knowledge
regarding diseases which affect cattle:  anthrax, possibly, or "mad cow"
disease.  There are doubtless other diseases to which cattle fall prey
which I do not know about.
If you have any general knowledge re such diseases I would appreciate your
contacting me.  I am most interested in diseases which may infect human
beings as well as cattle.
FYI, I am an educated person (Ph.D., Psychology) and a quick study, but
my knowledge of biology is antiquated high school.
Thanks in advance.
chrystal at