Music derived from genetic sequences; question

John Davies john at
Mon Apr 1 04:30:37 EST 1996

In article <4jhvf7$9h1 at>
           obriens at "John Obrien" writes:

> From time to time I've heard about people extracting intelligible music
> from genetic sequences by sub'ing notes for codons.  I didn't pay enough
> attention at the time to get names or places.  It may have been experimentors
> in California (of course) or somewhere on the West coast.

 The UK group "The Shamen" did some recently - they had some info on their
 website (I can't remember the URL but a quick netsearch would find them).

John Davies, PhD                       Polymer Laboratories Limited,
Tel +44 1694 724333                    Units 10/11, The Mynd Industrial Estate,
Fax +44 1694 723994                    Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6EA,UK.