Postdoc repayment agr

Harold Drabkin harold.drabkin at channel1.com
Tue Apr 2 04:15:00 EST 1996

Subject: Re: Postdoc repayment agr

To: ANON1167 at NYX10.CS.DU.EDU
Subject: Re: Postdoc repayment agreements; possible to get out of one

A>eements; possible to get out of one
A>From: anon1167 at nyx10.cs.du.edu (M)
A>Newsgroups: sci.research.postdoc,sci.research.careers,sci.research
A>bionet.general
A>Subject: Re: Postdoc repayment agreements; possible to get out of one?
A>Date: 30 Mar 1996 11:17:19 -0700

PMFBI, but I just saw this thread;
when I had an NIH Post doctoral fellowship many moons ago (1980-82), a
payback clause was in effect. At that time, the deal was that you had to
work an equivalent amount of time in an academic setting, doing either
teaching or research (so, a community college job would count).  No
industry job.  However, there was a waiver if you could provide X number
of rejection letters from places that you applied to.  You might want to
take a look into this to see if this is still applicable.

---
 * OLXWin 1.00 * If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream & shout.