Music derived from genetic sequences; question

tera tjstbc at sd.cts.com
Tue Apr 2 16:00:56 EST 1996

I tend to do this quite a bit myself for my own amusement.  I have played many
"songs" on guitar/keyboards by simply taking the four bases ACGT and assigning
their note/chord counterparts ACG. T is the "wobble" base in this musical
equation and I assign it various chords ie Bm, D etc. Just print out any old
sequence, grab an instrument and jam the DNA song of life. By working out a
strategy for including codons and thus increasing the possibilities, I have
found that DNA symphonies can be constructed. Note: Tandem repeats make good
bridges. Cheers. Barry.