Graduate school dilemma

Kristie Allen kla at RIVERS.OSCS.MONTANA.EDU
Thu Apr 4 18:00:10 EST 1996

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996 jlhagaz2 at ulkyvm.louisville.edu wrote:

> I am about to graduate with a BA in Biology. I have good grades and want to go
> to graduate school.  I have not yet applied to any graduate schools.  How much
> would it hurt my chances of getting in to a graduate school program if I take
> time off (no more than a year) from school and worked to save some much needed
> money? I would appreciate any advice.

Hi! my name is Kristie and I am a Ph.D. student in Montana.  Taking time
off will do you no harm when it comes to applying to grad school.  I took
a year in between each of my degrees, and not only for the money!  You
need time away from the academic world to get excited enough about it to
even accomplish a Masters degree.  If I had gone straight through - burn
out city!

Bye.

e-mail: kla at rivers.oscs.montana.edu