THE PROBLEM WITH PATENTS REVISITED

Sue Won So sso at aludra.usc.edu
Wed Apr 10 12:37:02 EST 1996

Alright, gentlemen.  I'm sorry I even brought up the suggestion that
Ph.D.s enter patent law.  I think you've all impressed the rest of us
with your rhetorical hoop jumping.  The only
thing I'd like to add is...LIGHTEN UP FOLKS!  You're sounding like a
bunch of armchairs academians!  Haven't your DNA samples run off the gel
yet?  Can't you hear your cells calling "we're hungry"?  If I were lucky
enough to be at a bench again, I certainly wouldn't be whining about the
patent law system or corporate oppression without offering solutions to
the problems presented.

If you are offended at all by what I've said, I am truly apologetic.  I'm
writing this with a smile and hoping to interject a little levity into
what is perceived to be a rather terse debate.  Science is fun,
remember?  We didn't get into it for the $.  There are much quicker,
better ways to get rich.  ;)

Sue-Won