pH indicator

William Tivol tivol at
Tue Apr 16 15:35:44 EST 1996

Esther Ceren (estherc at wrote:
: I am looking for the name of the chemical/pigment that changes it's 
: color from blue to red in the presence of an acid and to green in the 
: presence of an alkali. 

Dear Esther,
	If you find one which changes from blue to red in acid and one
which changes from colorless to yellow in alkali, mix the two for the
desired effect.  Ph paper is made from such kinds of mixtures.
				Bill Tivol

More information about the Bioforum mailing list