HEALTH HADZARDS OF CELL PHONE ANTENNAS

HENRY1176 henry1176 at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 15:07:25 EST 1996

I AM A LAY-PERSON THAT OPPOSES OUR TOWN GOVERNMENT IN ALLOWING CELL PHONE
ANTENNAS TO BE BUILT IN A DENSELY POPULATED AREA IN THE TOWN.  THE TOWN OF
GRAND ISLAND HAS PROPOSED TO LEASE A SIGHT LOCATION TO ROCHESTER CELL
PHONE FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONSTRUCTING NINE CELL PHONE ANTENNAS.  THE TOWN
WOULD RECEIVE $625 PER MONTH FOR THE RIGHT.
I BELIEVE THAT ANTENNAS SHOULD BE CONSTRUCTED BUT NOT IN THE DENSELY
POPULATED AREA THAT IS PRESENTLY PLANNED.  THE AREA IS IN THE CENTER OF
186 MULTI-FAMILY DWELLING UNITS AND IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO A CHILD'S
PLAYGROUND.  THE ANTENNAS WILL BE BUILT NEAR AND ON AN UNUSED WATER TOWER.
MY ASSUMPTON IS THAT THE INCREASED MICRO WAVE ACTIVITY COMBINED WITH
ELECTRO-MAGNETIC ACTIVITY CREATES AN ADVERSE HEALTH FACTOR AND THE
FAMILIES CLOSE TO THIS ACTIVITY WILL SUFFER HEALTH PROBLEMS.  I MAY
BELIEVE THIS BUT I HAVE NO PROOF OTHER THAN HEAR SAY EVIDENCE THAT CAN'T
BE USED TO DEFEND THE RESIDENCE AGAINST PLACEMENT OF THE ANTENNA IN THE
LOCATION.  I NEED TO KNOW THE NAMES OF STUDIES, THEIR DATES, AND THE
PUBLICATION THEY APPEAR WHICH SUPPORTS MY ASSUMPTION.
IF ANY ONE CAN HELP THE RESIDENTS AFFECTED BY SUPPLYING INFORMATIO THAT
WILL HELP SUPPORT THE ARGUMENT, I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE YOU HELP.  THANK
YOU HENRY1176