Advice on teaching microscopes

Leslie Gartner lgartner at umabnet.ab.umd.edu
Sat Apr 27 21:48:50 EST 1996

Richard,

We have been using Olympus microscopes for our graduate students for the
past 5 years. They are absolutely wonderful. (We used AO microscopes prior
to that for about 26 years and they were fantastic, nothing ever went
wrong with them either.) The Olympus lenses are unbelievably good
(considering the prices).

My favorite microscope is a Nikon (which I used to take photomicrographs
for my Color Atlas of Histology), but it was $10,000 eleven years ago so
it's not exactly for student use.

Good luck with your decision.

Les Gartner
Anatomy