Corynebacterium media/habitat?

Deb Britt debbritt at brownvm.brown.edu
Mon Apr 29 09:44:09 EST 1996

In article <4m1vk6INN9cm at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk>, mbras at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk (R.A.
Skuce) wrote:

> I would like to hear from anyone who would know what media to
> grow Corynebacteria on, specially C. tuberculostericum.
> I would also like to know what the natural habitat of these
> bacteria is.
>
> If you know or can tell me where to find these answers, please
> reply.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> David Brittain
> Veterinary Sciences Division
> DANI

Corynebacteria are commonly found on the mucous membranes of the upper
respiratory tract i.e. nose and throat, and some species are present on the
skin. I don't know about tuberculostericum, but you can grow other
Corynebacteria on blood or chocolate agar plates at 37 degrees C.
--
Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
Medical Oncology