Need scientific article reference software

Rob Hooft Rob.Hooft at
Fri Aug 23 04:39:03 EST 1996

biomedic at (Brad Brush) writes:

> We are looking for bibliograhpic software for our science references.

I have to give a little counter-weight to all EndNote users: I am a
happy user of BibTeX. This program works together beautifully with
LaTeX. It is incredibly flexible, but has an admittedly steeper
learning curve than EndNote. BibTeX uses a human-readable textual
database of literature references, for which "emacs" has a special
editing mode.  It can be used on many different machines (Mac, DOS,
VMS and UNIX). Predefined citation styles for a number of major
biological and chemical journals are available.

=== Rob.Hooft at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   http://www.Sander.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/rob/ ==
==== In need of protein modeling?  http://www.Sander.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/whatif/
Validation of protein structures?  http://biotech.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE:8400/ ====
== PGPid 0xFA19277D == Use Linux!  Free Software Rules The World! =============