Largest mammalian litter size?

bartermn at bartermn at
Sun Dec 1 10:56:11 EST 1996

mathog at wrote:
: Idle curiousity time.

: What mammal has, on average, the largest litter size?

: I'm not betting money on it, but my guess is that it is some breed of
: domestic pig.

 I had a pig that produced thirteen in her second litter, I'm sure that
isn't anywhere near the record though. But I believe you are correct in
assuming that they have the most offspring per litter. Someone correct me
if I'm wrong.

"For by your words you will be justified            Keith Bellinger
and by your words you will be condemned."           bartermn at
                        Mathew 12:37