predisposed -v- learnt

Laurie Davison ldavison at pop.uky.edu
Tue Dec 3 16:44:02 EST 1996

Paul,
   I'm new to this list, so I've missed a great deal of this thread... If
I'm reading this correctly, though, it seems that you're wondering
whether some behaviors might be heritable and if so, then whether the
frequency of occurrence of a behavioral trait may be greater or leser due
to race? If I've got you wrong, feel free to delete this post:)
   My response would be that behavior has both a genetic and a learned
potential. I'm no psychologist, but I'm sure that if you look into some
of the research being done with behavioral disorders you'll find that
many have a genetic cause or predisposition. My feeling is that, like any
genetic trait, the gene frequency may certainly vary with race.
   I wasn't quite sure I understood your reference to possible
discrimination based upon behavior, however... I think I may catch
your drift, but for my sake, could you explain before I answer and find
I'm way off track?
   Thanks:)

Laurie Davison