Art and Science are the same

Depree, Jonathan A depreej at lincoln.ac.nz
Thu Dec 12 17:29:13 EST 1996

In article <74d_9612120145 at tool.nl> r.marchand at tool.nl (r.marchand) writes:
>From: r.marchand at tool.nl (r.marchand)
>Date: 12 Dec 96 00:51:10
>Subject: Art and Science are the same

>    Following on:
> > : Are not both Art and Science merely our version of reality
> > based on gut instinct and a personal interpretation of data or input?
> > Anyone who tries to tell you that Science is purely objective, is
> > either deluded or trying to pull a fast one (I hesitate to use the
> > expression "liar").
>  And:
> > In one sense I'd agree with you, but I'd rather fly in a plane
> > designed by a scientist than a painter.
> > (Although the later would probably be a lot more fun).

> > Crispin

>Disagree: the painters plane would not be able to fly, and thus
>            a lot safer than the usual ones.

Actually it would probably fall apart as soon as someone got into it.

Personally I'd sooner fly in a plane designed by an engineer.
Jonathan Depree,
Lincoln University, P.O. Box 84, Canterbury, New Zealand.

Socrates was a famous Greek Teacher who went around giving
people advice. They killed him.   (school history howler)