Chicken eggs

Floyd Waddle fwaddle at CHI1.UNCFSU.EDU
Mon Dec 16 14:47:42 EST 1996

It's a matter of esthetics.  Hens that run free (usually with a
rooster)are usually fed differently from factory chickens.  When I was a
boy on the farm, gathering the eggs was one of my duties. Those corn fed
birds produced eggs with rich orange yolks instead of the pasty yellow
things you buy from stores. Funny thing. I went from poor to affluent and
now I'm gathering eggs again - with beautiful rich orange yolks.

 Having gone from poor farm kid to affluent