Richard Dawkins and hypocrisy

Garry Jolley-Rogers gjolleyrogers at post.psych.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Dec 17 17:53:24 EST 1996

In article <cam.ac.uk-1612961657180001 at 131.111.39.111>,
cam.ac.uk at news.cam.ac.uk (A. Caian) wrote:

> Make sure you tune in to the BBC television broadcast of Carols from
> King's College, Cambridge, on Christmas Eve. If you look very closely you
> might well see Richard Dawkins, arch-atheist, singing away with 'Hark the
> herald angels sing / Glory to the new born King' in the fellows' stall. It
> brought a whole new dimension to my enjoyment of the service; it was akin
> to spotting the Pope at a Black Sabbath concert. No doubt he was thinking,
> as he does of Bach's Mass in B Minor, how much better the music would have
> been had it been written about natural selection.

What smugness. Just because you like the art does not mean you have to buy
the beliefs.  I like the art of many religions. I don't belong to them
all.  I think you are just crowing because he's famous.  It might make you
feel superior but what's so special about anyone having a few
contradictions.

GJR