Richard Dawkins and hypocrisy

Veronica vrg at post1.com
Tue Dec 17 18:31:34 EST 1996

What in the world is your point?
Much of the beauty and art in religious ceremony can be enjoyed fully
regardless of one's willingness to accept every inane item of faith.
Would it be hypocritical to stand in awe of Caravaggio simply because
he protrays scenes from the life of Jesus which may have a special
significance to a true believer?  Must one accept fully the tenets of
Islam to enjoy the beauties of Muslim art?  I've climbed the pyramids
at Palenque, must I therefore espouse human sacrifice?  What rot.