Richard Dawkins and hypocrisy

nigel_brown at nigel_brown at
Wed Dec 18 03:07:11 EST 1996

In article < at>, at (A. Caian) wrote:
> Make sure you tune in to the BBC television broadcast of Carols from
> King's College, Cambridge, on Christmas Eve. If you look very closely you
> might well see Richard Dawkins, arch-atheist, singing away with 'Hark the
> herald angels sing / Glory to the new born King' in the fellows' stall. It
> brought a whole new dimension to my enjoyment of the service; it was akin
> to spotting the Pope at a Black Sabbath concert. No doubt he was thinking,
> as he does of Bach's Mass in B Minor, how much better the music would have
> been had it been written about natural selection.

There are even more sinister forces at work here.  What was Dawkins doing
in the Fellows' Stalls at King's, Cambridge when he is (and always has
been) an Oxford man?

Nigel L Brown                        nigel_brown at
School of Biological Sciences        Tel: UK+121-414-5465
The University of Birmingham         Fax: UK+121-414-5907
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK