Richard Dawkins and hypocrisy

Dr. Michael T. MacDonell sendero at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 17 21:07:56 EST 1996

In <32B7317B.526F at hawaii.edu> "S." <snelson at hawaii.edu> writes:

>Garry Jolley-Rogers wrote:
>>
>> In article <cam.ac.uk-1612961657180001 at 131.111.39.111>,
>> cam.ac.uk at news.cam.ac.uk (A. Caian) wrote:
>>
>> > Make sure you tune in to the BBC television broadcast of Carols
from
>> > King's College, Cambridge, on Christmas Eve. If you look very
closely you
>> > might well see Richard Dawkins, arch-atheist, singing away with
'Hark the
>> > herald angels sing / Glory to the new born King' in the fellows'
stall. It
>> > brought a whole new dimension to my enjoyment of the service; it
was akin
>> > to spotting the Pope at a Black Sabbath concert. No doubt he was
thinking,
>> > as he does of Bach's Mass in B Minor, how much better the music
would have
>> > been had it been written about natural selection.
>>
>> What smugness. Just because you like the art does not mean you have
to buy
>> the beliefs.  I like the art of many religions. I don't belong to
them
>> all.  I think you are just crowing because he's famous.  It might
make you
>> feel superior but what's so special about anyone having a few
>> contradictions.
>>
>> GJR
>
>So what's special about anyone feeling smug, Mr. Psychologist?
>Personally, I think Dawkins ranks up there with the Kings of Smug,
whose
>self-constructed edifices of self-important intellectual
constipationism
>and closed-hearted skepticism renders him quite worthy of attack.
>
>That being said, now what is your analysis of me?
>
>S.

No analysis.
Just take you backwater observations back to the Art-Bell NG.
As long as you stick with the NGs that start with "alt." you won't
stand out as an idiot.
Do yourself the favor, and give us a break!

Mike
|"A common mistake that people make when trying to design |
| something completely foolproof, is to underestimate the |
| ingenuity of complete fools."            -Douglas Adams |