Percentage Mulit- v. Uni-Cellular life

Michael Kolotila x3887 mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:56:11 EST 1996

Hi Tim;
In an Annual Review of Microbiology, sometime in the 80's or late 70's if
my failing memory is correct there was an article by Savage on the
microbiology of the foot.  In this article (he cites the reference, I
believe) that humans are made up of 10^13 cells while the bacteria count
is 10^14.  I am not sure if yeast were included in the microbial count or
not.  It has been a long since I read the article.  I hope that helps a
little.
Michael

 Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.        * e-mail: mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
                                   *
 Biotechnology Program Coordinator *
 Department of Natural Science     * voice :  508-374-3887
 Northern Essex Community College  *
 100 Elliott Way                   * fax   :  508-374-3723
 Haverhill, MA  01830-2399         *