What Is Mathematical Biology?

Elizabeth Ann Martin emartin at artsci.wustl.edu
Tue Feb 6 00:37:42 EST 1996

Sounds like it might be interesting. It sounds like it might be
appropriate for me - math is a strong point and biology is a love- but
when perusing my course catalog, I can't find anything under this
heading. I was reading a book on artificial life that touched on what I
guess could be considered as mathematical biology, i.e. strange
attractors as points of life origin.  Can anyone clarify what
mathematical biology is, and recommend any books? Also, if one wanted to
study mathematical biology, where would one concentrate their biology
courses?