Looking for simple technical patch clamp explanation.

Anthony Tomlinson tomlinson at pplros.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 13:21:43 EST 1996

In article <31167570.4BBC at innet.be> Ronald Cornelis, pub00485 at innet.be
writes:
>My girlfriend is looking for a simple technical
>explanation of the patch-clamp technique.
>She is in her second medics year here in Belgium.

Darnell et al, Molecular Cell Biology, any edition, P732 in 1st ed.  For
future
reference, try the biology section of any university library, and go
through the
index of the fattest book you can find.  Just in case you live in a
capsule and
can't get to a library (yes, even a medical one would do)  then patch
clamping
involves sucking a small piece of plasma membrane into a pipette and
conducting
various tests on it in isolation.

Anthony.