Job Posting (Lady Davis Institute (Montreal))

Graham Dellaire dellaire at ATLAS.ODYSSEE.NET
Wed Feb 7 22:02:10 EST 1996

Job Listing #2:

Characterization of The RNA Binding Ability of SAM68

Dr.Stéphan Richard, Ph.D

Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Project description:

The focus of our laboratory is on signal transduction mediated by
tyrosine kinases. We have previously discovered Sam68 which is a fyn,
src family tyrosine kinase which binds SH3 domains. Further we have
demonstrated that many other proteins with SH3 and SH2 domains bind
Sam68 including ras-GTPase activating protein (GAP), phospholipase C-1
and Grb2 (Mol. Cell. Biol. 1995, 15:186). Sam68 defines a family of
proteins that bind signal transduction molecules and RNA. Interestingly,
phosphorylation of this protein abolishes its ability to bind RNA(J.
Biol. Chem. 1995, 270:2010).

Specifically the aims of the project are:

   1.to delineate the RNA binding domains of Sam68 and to understand the
mechanism by which
     phosphorylation abolishes RNA binding.
   2.to identify physiologcal targets for the RNA binding daomain of
Sam68.

The student will gain knowledge in signal transduction, as well as
techniques in molecular biology, cell
culture, phosphorylation and immunology.

Positions:

     Ph.D. Postion

          -to qualify, applicants must have a B.Sc. in molecular
  biology, biochemistry or immunology
          in addition to obtaining a GPA of greater than 3.4.

To Apply:

Please send your curriculum vitae and a copy of your transcript to:

Dr. Stéphan Richard

Lady Davis Institute
3755 Cote St. Catherine Road
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3T 1E2

mcrd at musica.mcgill.ca

(for more jobs in the Montreal Area try our web site....)

http://www.medcor.mcgill.ca/EXPMED/DOCS/jobs.html