HELP: Net Pylogeny Resources?

Keith Robison robison at nucleus.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 8 11:55:43 EST 1996

Peter M. Woollard x4523 (pwoollar at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk) wrote:
: In article <espinoza.823742563 at cgl.ucsf.edu>, espinoza at cgl.ucsf.edu (Hernan Espinoza) writes:
: > Howdy,
: >
: > 	I have been poking around for net resources on phylogeny.
: > The kind of thing I'm looking for is a site where I can search
: > for an organism's phylogeny beased on a common name or generic
: > name.  I have checked out Yahoo and a number of other biology
: > related sites.  Any help would be appreciated, even "You're wasting
: > your time, there's no such thing"  Thanks kindly, in advance.
: >
: > -Hernan (espinoza at cgl.ucsf.edu)
: >

: NCBI's Entrez has a very useful taxonomy browser:

: http://atlas.nlm.nih.gov:5700/Entrez/index.html

Some other good resources can be found via

	http://golgi.harvard.edu/sequences.html#phylogeny

Enjoy!

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology
Department of Genetics

robison at mito.harvard.edu