genetic problem

Andy Warkman awarkman at
Thu Feb 8 18:30:30 EST 1996

mazzocco at wrote:

>Question: how can I define a sequence that is different from another one only 
>in 3 silent point mutations (the encoded aminoacids don't change)which are 
>found in the same position in all the analyzed samples? Can I call it a 
>"mutant form" or is there a specific definition?

>Thanks in advance to all who'll decide to answer to me!

>Katia Mazzocco 

The term polymorphism might be the best discription

More information about the Bioforum mailing list