Choroid Plexus Papilloma

fungomorph at fungomorph at
Mon Feb 5 19:53:35 EST 1996

In article <DLt7G9.4Ku at>, <les at> writes:
> Newsgroups: bionet.general
> Path:!!!gatech!newsfeed.internetm!!!les
> From: les at (Leszek Balla)
> Subject: Choroid Plexus Papilloma
> Sender: usenet at (Net News Admin)
> Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 22:21:45 GMT
> A colleague of mine asked to post this request on the 'net.....
> Dr. Sharon Perlman at Cook County Health Department is looking to contact
> anyone who had relatives with this tumor, or anyone currently researching
> or familiar with this rare disease.
> She can be reached M-F 9-4:30 at her office  708-445-2565.
> Thanks.
> --
>                                                       --- Leszek Balla
>                                                           KA9GLW
>                                                           les at
> Choroid plexus papilloma is a rare neoplasm. There are some histologic
variants described about this tumor. It is locally invasive thus a destructive
tumor. According to the localization, it gives symptomes. In 25 years, I had
only one case in my carrier as pathologist. I gave the diagnosis on the surgical
specimen and I was quite sure for my diagnosis. The tumor was mucus producing
type. It recurred four times in a period of 3 years. At last, the patient showed
another tumor in his right lung, apical and posterior.
A portion of the lung was then excised and I received it for histopathological
diagnosis. My diagnosis was "Mucus producing, alveolar-papillar carcinoma"!!!
Retrospectively, I regreted to give the diagnosis as choroid tumor. Possibly it
was not a primary tumor of the choroid plexus but a metastasis of at that moment
undiagnosed lung tumor. Life expectancy is unfortunately poor in both type of