Table of genome sizes

Tom Schneider toms at kaylor.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Feb 12 18:56:13 EST 1996

Nikolaj Blom (nikob at cbs.dtu.dk) wrote:

: Below, I have included a table of the organisms in
: question, which might be of general interest.

Could you give references to the original sources?  Then we could use it in
papers.

Although Kenn Rudd (rudd at bio.nlm.nih.gov) can probably give you a better
estimate now, E. coli is closer to 4,673,600:

@inproceedings{Rudd.Schneider1992,
author = "K. E. Rudd
 and T. D. Schneider",
title = "Compilation of {{\em E. coli\/}} Ribosome Binding Sites",
pages = "17.19-17.45",
editor = "Jeffrey H. Miller",
booktitle = "{A Short Course in Bacterial Genetics: A Laboratory
Manual and Handbook for {{\em Escherichia coli\/}} and Related Bacteria}",
publisher = "Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press",
address = "Cold Spring Harbor, New York",
year = "1992"}

  Tom Schneider
  National Cancer Institute
  Laboratory of Mathematical Biology