FEYNMAN AND THE CHALLENGER EXPLOSION

Arthur E. Sowers arthures at access4.digex.net
Thu Feb 15 15:08:52 EST 1996

Dave-

Thats fine, I would be interested (see below). My recollection of the
analysis of the aftermath was from a 1-2 page article in the journal
_Science_ and there appeared to be a considerable amount of arguing
before freezing the designs about whether they should go with a pure O2
or a mix. I recollect that the pure O2 WAS a safety tradeoff for some
technical benefits. If you dig out your information from your book, I
will try to locate the issue of science (please help me with the date of
the disaster to help narrow down the issues I need to look up) and we can
compare notes here.

Art Sowers

=======