Film about Metabolic disease

Istvan Leelossy istvan at innet.be
Thu Feb 15 18:19:40 EST 1996

Dear readers,

It's been a while since we were active here, but my wife and I both met
the
man (with the hammer). For those who didn't know, we lost our girl Eva to
Farbers disease, October last year.

Two things, first my wife is pregnant again :-))). Of course we have to
wait
for the tests but we are positive ourselves.

Second, I've been asked by the BOKS Foundation (Ass. for Parents of
Metabolic Patients, Belgium)to make a film about Metabolic disease, and
then mainly  about it's effects (social) to parents, the children; and
also
for treating physicians, who do most of the follow-up.

One the one hand the film must not be too scientific, on the other hand I
want to try and make this very complex material comprehensive for all
concerned.

What would I need?

- some peculiarities of certain of these diseases. (eg for Cola is bad,
Cola
lite=ok, and the other way around...)
- use of hopefully existing graphic material/animations/research footage
which could be used in this film to clarify matters
- perhaps some figures

I guess I don't have to explain that we're doing this on a 'shoestring's
thread' budget, so having animations etc made is out of the question.

*ANY* help, hint or whatever is welcome. I want to make a nice film, but
don't know enough about this to it 'right', at least at this point.

I appreciate your time if you can help.

Istvan Leelossy.

--
*        Everything is possible. Since the impossible hasn't          *