Help: Miller Spark Discharge Experiment (Chemical Evolution)

CHSBio chsbio at
Fri Feb 16 03:49:32 EST 1996

There was a really good article entitled "Chemist adds missing pieces to
theory on life's origins." that was about the Stanley Miller experiment.
It appeared in the New York Times "Science Times" section on Tuesday, July
4, 1995.  It was written by a man named Malcolm Brown.  The  large article
talked about Miller's experiment and the fact that he not only found amino
acids, but also building blocks of RNA.  I recommend the article- I handed
it out to my own students and it proved to be very informative.

Hope this helps--Lori B.  (CHSBio at