Grey-squirrels and aggression

C:WINSOCKKA9QSPOOLMAIL joanne at dratt.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 07:49:32 EST 1996

I am currently trying to get a Ph.D. set up studying the endocrine
mechanisms underlying aggression in the grey squirrel (Sciurus
carolinensis). Aggression has been closely linked to bark-stripping
in this species and may be associated with the decline of the native
red squirrel. I am keen to hear from anyone who would like to discuss
this topic.

I am still looking for funding, although the project has the support
of the UK Forestry Commission. If anyone knows of parties who might
be interested or indeed if anyone out there has some spare cash
they'd like to invest in a fascinating topic (even if I do say so
myself) then I'd be thrilled to hear about it.

Joanne Lello--

joanne at dratt.demon.co.uk