Help - water intake and absorption

Gary Thomson Gary.Thomson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Sun Feb 25 22:59:22 EST 1996

I am presently reviewing methods of improving the intake and absorption
of water into the body. Of concern is that even if fluid is readily
available to  soldiers they will go into voluntary dehydration rather
than drink from canteens. We are looking at ways of making ingestion
easier. One commercially available device is a bladder with a tube, this
means is often used by bike riders. Has anyone had any experience with
this sort of device? Any other ideas on making the act of ingestion
easier? Replies by E-mail would be appreciated
(gary.thomson at dsto.defence.gov.au).