A Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Humour

Randall Willis willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca
Mon Feb 26 17:48:43 EST 1996

(Let me preface this by stating that I am unaware of the editorial
freedoms of this page and if this is out of bounds, I apologize and when
informed, will cease to use this page for the following purpose.)

I'd like to introduce my fellow netters to a magazine which we call
ALIQUOTES: A journal of Biochemical and Molecular Humour.  This is a
monthly publication which is currently mailed out to a hundred or so
readers world-wide and is centred in Toronto, CANADA.  The publication
is FREE OF CHARGE to the readers due to the generous contributions of
advertisers of the Toronto edition of the magazine.

In the upcoming March issue you'll find:

The Falcon (Tube)-the continuing saga of a lab tech-cum-private eye who
searches out the mystery behind a stolen lab book.

"Hot Results In Footprinting Experiment Gone Awry"-the story of a
graduate student who made great strides in science, literally

The Net Column-this month featuring sources for biotechnical protocols
on the Web

The Development of Nomenclature-a rant and rave article on the
absurdities of naming developmental genes

The Wacky World Of Agarose Gels-what gels really look like and how to
respond.

..and other such nonsense.

The goal here is to prove that we ALL work in an absurd field and that
we ALL have problems, so we might as well learn to laugh at them.

If you're interested, you can check out some of our older material in
the 'netzine NetSci who have been excerpting from us for a number of
months, at the URL  http://www.awod.com/netsci/index.html

If you want to see an actual issue, send your snail mail address to

Randall C Willis, Publisher            willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca
Aliquotes Press                        rogerb at microsoft.com
58 Balfour Ave.
Toronto, ON