Lab Disposables

Chris Yost cyost at acs.ucalgary.ca
Mon Feb 26 18:00:23 EST 1996

Hello,

Recently, I have been concerned with the amount of plastic disposables are
lab uses.  For example, just the waste generated from plastic tips used
with pipetman is quite large.  Currently, our plastic disposables are
autoclaved and disposed of in the normal trash (material that has not come
in contact with chemical biohazards of course).  Thereotically it should
be possible to recycle some of this plastic waste.  My question is, are
there any institutes that have found a procedure/infrastructure that could
recycle plastic wastes.  Any information would be most helpful.

Please respond via email.

Thank you in advance

Chris Yost
cyost at acs.ucalgary.ca