FEYNMAN AND THE CHALLENGER EXPLOSION

Graham Daveney daveney at speednet.com.au
Tue Feb 27 15:16:45 EST 1996

So what happened to Feynman ? Are you saying that he was "silenced" by
the establishment. Noone likes whistleblowers, especially the dummies
that you see in real life, they concentrate more on looking good than
getting things rights. You see it everywhere.

gdave at doh.health.nsw.gov.au

Bert Gold (bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu) wrote:
: Richard Feynman knew, when he appeared on national television, in a press
: conference disclosing the reasons for the Challenger explosion, that many
: people would not like him very much.  He had already interviewed several
: engineers at Morton Thiokol, the prime contractor for the rocket engines,
: who had disclosed to him that they anticipated the explosion before it
: occurred.  But what noone at the press conference expected was that
: Feynman would be brazen enough, in front of the national media,
: to carry out an experiment, which would implicate those who made the
: decision to launch, as the cause of the accident.
:
:
: America is filled with delusion now; and the generals have now had
: their way, in that all the guys that are 'too smart' like Feynman
: was then, are either keeping quiet, (I believe the term is Shvai in
: Yiddish), have been silenced by intimidation, or have left this earth.
:
: I miss Richard Feynman on the tenth anniversary of the Challenger explosion.
:
: I think it would be a better world if his spirit could be kept alive today.
:
: Bert Gold, Ph.D.
: San Francisco