A Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Humour

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Wed Feb 28 15:54:11 EST 1996

I highly recommend it...

Martin

Randall Willis (willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca) wrote:
: (Let me preface this by stating that I am unaware of the editorial
: freedoms of this page and if this is out of bounds, I apologize and when
: informed, will cease to use this page for the following purpose.)

: I'd like to introduce my fellow netters to a magazine which we call
: ALIQUOTES: A journal of Biochemical and Molecular Humour.  This is a
: monthly publication which is currently mailed out to a hundred or so
: readers world-wide and is centred in Toronto, CANADA.  The publication
: is FREE OF CHARGE to the readers due to the generous contributions of
: advertisers of the Toronto edition of the magazine.

: In the upcoming March issue you'll find:

: The Falcon (Tube)-the continuing saga of a lab tech-cum-private eye who
: searches out the mystery behind a stolen lab book.

: "Hot Results In Footprinting Experiment Gone Awry"-the story of a
: graduate student who made great strides in science, literally

: The Net Column-this month featuring sources for biotechnical protocols
: on the Web

: The Development of Nomenclature-a rant and rave article on the
: absurdities of naming developmental genes

: The Wacky World Of Agarose Gels-what gels really look like and how to
: respond.

: ..and other such nonsense.

: The goal here is to prove that we ALL work in an absurd field and that
: we ALL have problems, so we might as well learn to laugh at them.

: If you're interested, you can check out some of our older material in
: the 'netzine NetSci who have been excerpting from us for a number of
: months, at the URL  http://www.awod.com/netsci/index.html

: If you want to see an actual issue, send your snail mail address to

: Randall C Willis, Publisher            willis at gandalf.psf.sickkids.on.ca
: Aliquotes Press                        rogerb at microsoft.com
: 58 Balfour Ave.
: Toronto, ON