protein expression in mammalian cells.

errabolu errabolu at mayo.edu
Thu Feb 29 17:37:24 EST 1996

Hai Folks, I have the following question. For lack of time I
am posting this to elicit any experience people have had in either
success or failure.

Why don't people use the bacterial expression vectors in mammlian
cell lines. In specific the T7 RNA Polymerase driven expression
vectors. The reason is simple, one can construct a cell line
which is expressing the T7 RNA Polymerase in it. When this requirement
is satisfied would the bacterial T7 promoter based expression vector
work. I want to know if people who tried this have any information
they would like to share.

Thanks.   errabolu at mayo.edu