Color Depth on the WWWeb - Please help me!

DaleM dalem at nwlink.com
Wed Jan 10 02:02:25 EST 1996

I've been designing wwweb pages using more than 256 colors and have
recently found out that pages designed for at least 65,000+ colors can
look like crap when viewed with only 256 colors. This presents a
problem. I need to find out the approximate percentage of wwweb
wanderers who are using only 256 colors, in order to determine if I
have to limit designs to that lower limit.

I would appreciate your help. I have a survey form that can be
accessed from my index page on my wwweb site. It asks for the bare
minimum of information necessary for me to make a decision on this
vital (for me) question. Until I get some results I'm limiting myself
to 256 colors and I don't like this.

Would you help me out?

If you would be willing to help access
http://www.nwlink.com/~dalem
and go to the graphics card survey.

This is not an attempt to sell you anything. I simply need this
information in order to do a better job of designing wwweb pages.

I would certainly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Dale

DaleM at nwlink.com

It does not do to encourage bad manners; one should retaliate,
urbanely but firmly.
                                       Robert Heinlein