Lung cancer

fungomorph at pi.net fungomorph at pi.net
Thu Jan 18 18:38:24 EST 1996

In article <Pine.NXT.3.91.960112123738.5124A-100000 at serv2>,
<tdellai at law.emory.edu> writes:
> From: Theresa Dellaiacono <tdellai at law.emory.edu>
> Newsgroups: bionet.general
> Subject: Lung cancer
> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 12:43:06 -0500
>

> Does anyone have any information on small-cell carcinoma (new treatments,
> success stories, research)? Please e-mail me. Anything at all would be
> greatly appreciated.
>

>Small cell carcinoma of the bronchus (because they have bronchial origine)
are mostly hormone producing neoplasms. They are further classified like
Round cell or oat cell carcinoma's etc. or regarding hormones they may
produce. Anyhow, they are usually not treated with surgery. Aggressive
chemotherapy may help to some extent. Recurrence and metastasis (spread to
other tissues or organs) are very quick and frequent. This may even be
lethal.  Hormonal side effects are treated according the symptoms they can
give. Life expectancy is unfortunately very poor.

Good luck.