How do you weigh a powder...?

Michael Kolotila x3887 mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
Mon Jan 22 11:03:59 EST 1996

Dear Takashi;
I would suspect that they do not want to wash spatulas or they fear
cross-contamination with other media components.  Material from any food
source will contain bacteria.  Plate out ground pepper or hamburger and
you will find a lot of bacteria.  Powder media goes everywhere even with
a spatula if you are not careful and makes counter tops sticky when they
get wet.
Michael

 Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.        * e-mail: mkolotila at neccadm1.necc.mass.edu
                                   *
 Biotechnology Program Coordinator *
 Department of Natural Science     * voice :  508-374-3887
 Northern Essex Community College  *
 100 Elliott Way                   * fax   :  508-374-3723
 Haverhill, MA  01830-2399         *