alk phos struc?

Ellis Golub ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 25 09:48:32 EST 1996

In article <4e5e6n$u76 at winx03.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>, krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de (Cornelius Krasel) writes:
|> elpowell (elpowell at indyvax.iupui.edu) wrote:
|> > Does anyone know the structure of bovine intestinal alkaline
|> > phosphatase?
|>
|> The PDB says:
|>
|> The structure which you are looking for is 1ALK. Reference:
|>
|> J.M.SOWADSKI,M.D.HANDSCHUMACHER,H.M.K.MURTHY,
|> B.A.FOSTER,H.W.WYCKOFF
|> REFINED STRUCTURE OF ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE
|> J.MOL.BIOL.                   V. 186   417 1985
|>
|> Find this and similar information at
|> 	http://molbio.info.nih.gov/cgi-bin/pdb
|>
|> Hope that helps,

But be aware that this is the structure of E. coli alk phos.  As far as I know,
the crystal structure of eukaryotic AP's have not yet been solved.  In addition, there is
reason to suspect that when eukaryotic AP syructure is solved, it will differ significantly
from that of the coli structure.  See for example:
Chaidaroglou, A., and Kantrowitz, E. R. (1993) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1104-1109.

Ellis Golub                            Phone: (215) 898-4629
Biochemistry Department                FAX:   (215) 898-3695
University of Pennsylvania             ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
School of Dental Medicine
4001 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6003