Funding: Open the Books

Keith Robison robison at nucleus.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 26 10:39:45 EST 1996

Alexander Berezin (berezin at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA) wrote:

: Put all NIH/NSF info on PUBLIC pages on WWW. This should
: include CONVENIENTLY ARRANGED listings of ALL grants given
: by NIH and NSF (in Canada by MRC/NSERC). This info should
: include tiles, amounts and time frames of all grants and be
: accessible by the researchers names' (bith PI and
: co-applicants). [ so, by typing 'W.Tivol' I can find all
: your funding history, same as by typing 'A.A.Berezin'
: you can mine - I HAVE NO OBJECTION WHATOSEVER ABOUT THIS,
: PROVIDED I AM GRANTED THE SAME OPTION IN RESPECT OF ALL
: OTHERS ].

My continuing suspicion that Berezin does not believe in checking
the facts before posting is confirmed.  NIH has had grant information
on their servers for years, and NSF has as well.

	e.g.:	http://www.nih.gov/grants/

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology
Department of Genetics

robison at mito.harvard.edu