Things look pretty dim...

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 25 17:46:18 EST 1996

Things look pretty dim to me when Bernard Roizman, perhaps the greatest
living virologist since Bernie Field's death, is advertising for a post-doc.
to whom he is at most willing to pay $ 25,000.  Roizman, at his stage
and position should have 10 slots for independent, Assistant Profs. open.

Then, Bill Jones from NIH writes me that the NIH Guide is so screwed up
they're not sure they're gonna get an edition out even THIS week.

On the bright side, I got a note from Francis Crick, saying that he is
back at work and feeling OK.  Thank God, we need him.

Bert Gold
San Francisco